Viqarunnisa Noon School and College are one of the top-level education institutes in Bangladesh for female students. The was founded for getting higher education chances for females.
At the time it grabbed a top-ranking position for its education system and best results. This School and College are providing education from classes 1 to 12.
Are you going to take admission here? Or you want to admit your child here?
Here I’m going to describe everything about this institute.
The college was founded by the East Pakistan Governor’s – 1952 (Present Bangladesh) wife Vikarunnisa Noon. Viqarunnisa Noon is an Austrian lady whose name was Victoria. But after married Governor Firoz Khan Noon, she took the Islam religion and changed the name Victoria to Vikarunnisa.
In order to develop society, she founded this school for female students. The next college branch has been added with the school.
According to the name of the lady and Noon family, the school and college name has got. Now it is listed in the top-ranking education institutes in Bangladesh.
At that time Noon family make a fund to help for higher education desired students. The fund was given that students who were gone to United Kingdom’s Oxford and Cambridge Universities after completing study at Viqarunnisa College. But it wasn’t mutually saturated with the institute.
About Campus and Branches
The schools started are centered on Bailey Road, its main branch. However, It has separate 3 branches, that are affiliated under the same administration which is located in Dhanmondi, Azimpur, and Bashundhara residential areas of the capital. In all, more than 24,000 students are from the 3 branches studying at the Viqarunnisa Noon School.
- The three buildings have a total of 40 rooms. There are benches in the classrooms.
- The benches are made of iron structure with a wooden deck.
- There is also a multimedia system in the classroom.
- The building next to the administrative building of the college is used as an academic building.
- It has large playgrounds between schools and colleges where students enjoy a variety of sports opportunities.
- Also, the college has an auditorium with 1000 seats.
College Section Seat
- Science Bangla: 1670.
- Science English: 160.
- Business Study: 330.
- humanities: 250.
What qualifications are required to be admitted here?
In the case of School section admission to this educational institution, admission is taken as per the decision of the managing team following the government instructions.
So each year there is some change in the admission system. Normally they take admission exams for primary and high school levels according to their system.
Admitted to higher secondary sections sciences, commerce, and humanities. GPA of SSC examination and results of admission examination is considered for admission chance. (Mentioned below) Also, there are special quotas for admission considering freedom fighters, tribals, teachers, employees, and even sisters of students studying in this institution. Admission test syllabus and other information are given on the notice board and website.
The required result to applying for admission:
- Science Bangla version: GPA 5
- Science English version: GPA 5 (Must have SSC from English version)
- Business Study: GPA 4.5
- Humanities: GPA 4.
(Note: Minimum GPA 4.5 holder science student can apply for Business study and minimum GPA 4.00 holder science and commerce student can apply for Humanities group)
Viqarunnisa Noon School is famous for teaching as well as other Co-educational activities.
For the participation of the students, it has many clubs which are Environmental research, Science, Debate, etc. These clubs organize various inter-institutional competitions including school internships. Also, the clubs are taken outer competitions to bring respect to the school.
About Study Cost
- Application Fee: 150 + 200 takas.
- Admission fee: around 15000 taka.
- Monthly fee: Around 22000 taka.
- Others Yearly fee: Around 12,000 taka.
(Tuition fees have to pay 4 installments of the year. That means after each 3 months later.)
- It has a canteen on the east side of the playground.
- There are served Singara, Samucha, Chips, Chocolate, Ice Cream, and Burgers.
- The canteen is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Library and Labs.
The location of the library next to the teachers’ restroom. There are more than 15 thousand books here.
Cards are required to read the library.
The college has 6 labs in total: Chemistry, Physics, Zoology, Botany, and Computer science.
They have no transportation or residential facilities.
However, school van and microbus services are being provided at Viqarunnisa School and College on private initiative.
There are two shifts on the Bailey Road branch. The morning shift from 8.30 am to 12.30 pm. And the day shift is from 12.30 pm to 3.30 pm. Friday and Saturday are weekly holidays.
Some special rules for college students:
- After the college period started, the gate of the college was closed. No student can enter the college after that.
- No student can go out for any reason after entering college. If there have an inevitable reason to go, the guardian has to come.
- If a student damage college property, they have to pay compensation. You can’t bring any unnecessary books, CDs or clothes.
- No student can bring a mobile phone or MP3, MP4 Player, etc. This is a punishable offense.
- You can’t wear any gold ornaments without a pair of gold rings on the ears. Even no student can come after the nose flower.
- No student can’t use a hairdryer. College students have to braid their hair. If there is short hair in front, it has to be stuck with a black clip.
- If any student intentionally misses a class, she is punished.
- Married students can’t be admitted to this college. If a student gets married during the session, she is given a transfer certificate.
Here I’ve described everything about Viqarunnisa Noon School and College. I hope this information will be helpful for you if you are going to get admission here. If you like this don’t forget to share it on your Facebook wall.